Monday, May 4, 2009

Hospital Jack

So I read the book Black Hawk Down a very long time ago. My favorite part of the book is where they chronicle the Army Ranger experience of accumulating different "jacks." For example, masturbating in the bathroom would be a bathroom-jack. In the hangar would be a hangar-jack. So on and so forth. This concept is revisited in the middle of a fire-fight in Mogadishu where a couple of Army Rangers are taking cover, being shot at my an untold force of very pissed of Somalis. They then take the time to wonder if anyone has yet to achieve a combat-jack.

This is the thought process of some of the very best of the best fighting forces in the United States military. I really hope you didn't think the best and brightest minds in medicine would think any differently.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, all I can say for now is that I've truly missed you. Love the blog. Love that you found me on FB. Keep on writing, and so will I!

    ReplyDelete